Bdays

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Allie turns 3!

Allie turned 3 on Friday and what a weekend it was! I had a hectic day trying to prepare for her party while Allie enjoyed a "Nana day".  First, I tried to make cupcakes but then discovered we were out of eggs. I could've gone to the store but Dax had a fever of 101 and he was a wee bit cranky so I tried the egg replacer I got from Auntie Jo. The cupcakes tasted delicious but apparently the egg replacer doesn't help the cupcakes stay together so well. They were the crumbliest cupcakes ever! I decided they may not be servable (is that a word?) so I decided to make chocolate zucchini cake and get Mac to pick up the zucchini (and eggs) on the way home. Well, apparently there was a produce shortage of some sort so we ended up with chocolate carrot cake instead. An interesting taste combination but no one complained. Most of the kids just ate the cream cheese icing and candies anyway.
This is the cake Nana made - mine is not picture worthy

 Allie on her bday morning with her my little pony. Her name is Cheerilee and Allie decided she was a Cherry girl in her Cherry dress too.
Alllie and Marlowe -her favourite guest at the party.
Marlowe found a ball Allie had been missing and Allie exclaimed "I've been missing that for a few years!"
I was trying to upload a cute video of Allie opening her presents but seems like i am having no luck again. She was  thrilled with the bubbles Gigi got for her and the sit n'spin. She had only ever seen one once before but she exclaimed "It was just what I wanted!" I guess turning 3 means 3 parties because she got a family party friday, a party with her girlfriends Saturday and she is having a party at daycare on Monday. Allie told Katie she wanted a pyjama day, hot dogs and rice crispy squares. Today we are taking her to the movies for her first time. Quite the birthday weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That video is hilarious! I was laughing so hard. Can you just freeze her??? I'm glad she liked the hair thingies we sent. They look cute on her!

    ReplyDelete